The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'cPanel Developers' started by nthomthom, Aug 5, 2010.

1. nthomthom

nthomthom Registered

Aug 5, 2010
    Hey, I'm new to cpanel.... I have successfully installed postgresql using /scripts/intallpostgres

This automatically configured postgres v8.1.21. How do I upgrade this version to say v8.4.4?
  2. cPanelDavidN

cPanelDavidN Integration Developer
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Houston, TX
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi nthomthom

/scripts/installpostgres will installl the latest postgresql package, and it's dependencies, that are available within you distro's package management tree (ie, yum, up2date, etc).

Supposing you have mirrors configured within you package manager that offer the version of postgresql packages you're look for, I would think that you could update it specifically. However, I can't say I'd advise it. That is, it's very possible that dependency packages will also be updated in the process. So, you could brake other sub-systems, or at least future updates for sub-systems that cPanel utilizes.

So, to my knowledge, there's not a direct path to perform the action you're seeking, ie cPanel does not support postgresql installs outside the OS stable repo trees. You're welcome to try it, submit a ticket if you get things too out of whack; we'll try to help if we can.

You might glean some info from this thread:

But if you checkout the last few posts of that thread, it basically say the same thing as my reply about.

Best Regards,