The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Postini and CPANEL/Exim

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fjones, Mar 30, 2005.

1. fjones

fjones Member

I've just enabled Postini for a client and it appears that Exim is bouncing mail back that postini tries to deliver to domains that are locally hosted. I think the problem is that Postini needs to be the MX for the domain and since the localhost is no longer the MX EXIM is bouncing the mail back. I'm using the latest RELEASE version of CPanel.

How do I configure Exim to deliver mail for locally hosted domains even though the MX points to postini? I know how to do this in Postifx, but I know nothing about Exim.

Thanks.

2. dgbaker

dgbaker Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
  3. fjones

fjones Member

Doesn't appear to address my problem.

Thanks, but I don't think thats my problem. The problem appears to be that Exim doesn't know that it handles mail for domain xyz.com and it thinks that postini is trying to send mail through it to xyz.com. Exim considers that relaying (rightly so if it doesn't know it handles mail for xyz.com) and refuses the mail message. Guess I have to go read up on Exim. Figured someone else must have run into this before. I searched and saw this link before I posted, but appreciate your respone all the same.

Regards,

fj

4. fjones

fjones Member

I think I fixed it.

I added the domain to the /etc/localdomains. I guess that CPanel removes it from that file when you point the MX elsewhere. Anyone know if there is a way to prevent CPANEL from removing it from /etc/localdomains when pointing the MX elsewhere?