The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Postini Configuration

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by linuxman, Mar 13, 2008.

1. linuxman

linuxman Well-Known Member

Does any one have a How-to on Postini? I have tried and tried setting it up and have failed to this point. I am beginning to wonder if I am missing something simple. From the Postini side I continue getting this message testing for the MX record.

Error
    testmx to mydomain.com: Unable to retrieve MX records for mydomain.com: NOERROR

And when testing the flow to my mail server.

Error
    Unable to send SMTP message test: 550 - RCPT TO failed.

The email server is not available. Check your firewall or email server for settings that might be preventing delivery.

I have checked Firewall and email server is running. The domain is still getting emails delivered to the address, although all MX records are pointed to Postini.

2. dkuntz

dkuntz Member

If you havent gotten this working yet, let me know. We currently have incoming mail working through Postini, without any issues.

3. linuxman

linuxman Well-Known Member

Sorry for the delay, in the reply we did as well. Now what I am having issues with is how to pay them, it appears under the one organization is it allowing us to add as many emails as we would like. I have tried contacting Google to figure out who and where to pay, and no response.

4. lbeachmike

lbeachmike Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Are you saying that you have your Postini working now? It is extremely easy to configure, but there are a few quirks you may have encountered.

As far as payment - aren't you going through a Postini reseller and being billed for the services directly?

Mike