Phelms215

Aug 27, 2007
Hey Guys,

I have the script below.. right now its just a basic test to get the postwwwacct to run..its one of a few scripts I am working on and sadly having trouble. The script runs perfectly when called via ssh but via WHM it just doesn't run though the green checkbox is the. I checked permissions and the file is in /usr/local/cpanel/scripts . . . if anyone has any advice that would be amazing.. thanks!

Code:
#!/usr/bin/php-cgi -q 
<?php
$ourFileName = "testFile.txt";
$ourFileHandle = fopen($ourFileName, 'w') or die("can't open file");
fclose($ourFileHandle);
?>

sirdopes

PartnerNOC
Sep 25, 2007
It is probably running but not creating the file testFile.txt in the spot that you are expecting. Does it work if you specify the full path?

Phelms215

Aug 27, 2007
Hey,

I was able to get it done.. I had a typo in my script that wasn't referencing part of it from when cpanel was calling the script. Though when I called from the directory it worked fine. It is wroking now. Thanks Again!

I have 1 last question, is there a script that runs when cpanel creates an addon domain, subdomain, ftp user or mysql database? thanks in advance!!!!

Last edited:

Phelms215

Aug 27, 2007
Hey I looked into that area but since it's perl it might be a little bit harder for me to edit with PHP. I found function hooks and was attempting to use AddonDomain hook and what I did was created the addaddondomain file in /usr/local/cpanel/hooks/AddonDomain .. is that correct or is there somewhere else I would add it ?

morissette

May 24, 2009
Austin, TX
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
There is not a cPanel hook for use on Addon Domains (See: cPanel & WHM Script Hooks) so you would definitely need to use the custom event handlers as sirdopes pointed out.

You should be able to use:

type => post
module => addondomain
event => addaddondomain

Then you could use Data::Dumper in perl or print_r/varDump in php