The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pre-install application for new accounts

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by apc1, Jan 15, 2007.

1. apc1

apc1 Well-Known Member

Hello,

I wish to pre-install a full mySQL driven, pre-configured website for new accounts on a server. Can I do this automatically when the account is created?

I realise the mySQL database will need to be created separately and the config file for the application modified accordingly; I am looking at creating a script to do that.

Thanks.

2. S-Combs

S-Combs Well-Known Member

I think you can place the core files into /root/cpanel3-skel/public_html and it will copy them all to the newly created accounts as they are made.

I have only done this with a single index page but imagine it will copy multiple files if they are in there.

3. apc1

apc1 Well-Known Member

Thanks; that would be ideal. Can anyone confirm this would work with multiple files and directories? It isn't something I can test on a production server.

4. jayh38

jayh38 Well-Known Member

Yes, that will work and yes you can test it. Shove something in there and create a new account.

5. apc1

apc1 Well-Known Member

Thanks very much for the information.

I can't really test it on this server because I have alot of resellers on the server constantly creating accounts.

6. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:

Sure it will. In fact we add more than just an index.html. You can/should also add 400, 401, 403, 404, 500.shtml error pages, a default favicon and robots.txt. That'll help get a user started and the account won't generate errors to logs for missing files when the bots get there to look around.
    (you might also add a file explaining what those files are all for like a readme.txt) ;)

7. j0hnb

j0hnb Member

I'm going to do this on my new server but is there a way to add the error pages to all the already created accounts?