The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pre Sales Questions....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ErkDog, May 18, 2004.

1. ErkDog

ErkDog Member

I have some presales questions that I'd like answered before I consider purchasing cPanel.

1) My customers frequently do not buy domains, so I set them up with subdomains of domains I already own.

Is it possible to add subdomains from other domains to people's accounts ? So the Subdomain would function as their main domain ? IE user.domain.com and then they could add subdomains such as ... site1.user.domain.com site2.user.domain.com

What if site1.domain.com is assigned as a domain for one user. But another customer wants site2.domain.com on their account as well ?

2) Can I still add accounts from command line, via useradd that function as normal Linux environment accounts ?

3) Can I edit apache / named / exim / files directly, or does cPanel provide the facility for me to setup e-mailing lists accounts / etc/ for domains that don't even belong to a customer.

4) I have one customer who uses my exim server as a relay from his server to the outside world, so I allow him access based on his IP, is this possible with cPanel, or will cPanel allow me to directly edit exim config to allow it ?

5) Can I edit global webalizer and AWStats configurations in order to include things such as hostname groupings

6) What if I want name1.domain.com and name2.domain.com to go to the same subdomain ? can I simply add a Serveralias directly in the apache vhost config ?

7) What if I have custom DNS entries, can I modify zone files directly or though cPanel ? (Preferably Directly)