Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Prevent AutoSSL from adding www. and mail. subdomains to the cerificate

Discussion in 'Security' started by Dan Fraticiu, Feb 14, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Dan Fraticiu

Dan Fraticiu Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

I have an account with 96 domains (slowly adding more) and I can't use AutoSSL due to the 200 (100 for LetEncrypt) domains limit, it fails with the message:

15:23:17 PM WARN The website “[domain]”, owned by “[username]”, has 288 domains. The current AutoSSL provider, “Let’s Encrypt™”, can only secure up to 100 domains per certificate. AutoSSL will skip this website. at bin/autossl_check.pl line 301.

So AutoSSL is adding the main domain.tld, www.domain.tld and mail.domain.tld which results in 3*96 = 288 entries.

Question is if there is any way to disable this and only generate the certificate for the 96 domains... if not maybe someone has an solution for me.

Thank you for your time.

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

It's not currently possible to exclude certain domains or subdomains from the AutoSSL feature, however I encourage you to vote and add feedback to the existing feature request for this at:

AutoSSL: Prevent specific domains from being issued free SSL certificates

The only workaround at this point is to consider moving some of the domains to separate accounts, or to switch from Let's Encrypt to cPanel-signed certificates.

Thank you.