grabyourhosting

Jan 18, 2007
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Everytime I update cpanel it adds the following spf record("v=spf1 +a +mx +ip4:ip address ~all")and it's a remote mail exchanger. I need for it not to add it because I already have the following spf record: "v=spf1 include:spf.protection.outlook.com -all" It keeps adding it and breaking outlook. Please help me with this. Sounds like a bug in my opinion.

Henry Carter

Jul 31, 2019
India
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Hi,

As per Cpanel documentation The /usr/local/cpanel/scripts/enable_spf_dkim_globally script enables SPF and DKIM records for the specified users. If the system detects that a DKIM record exists for a domain, it will not update it. But If the system detects that an SPF record exists for a domain, it will update it. You can either move or update the permissions and then upgrade the panel versions so that this script will not update any DNS SPF records on zones.

grabyourhosting

Jan 18, 2007
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I have contacted them. I guess /usr/local/cpanel/scripts/enable_spf_dkim_globally I should chmod it to 000 for now so that it will stop until they find a fix? Thank you.

cPanelLauren

Forums Analyst II
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Hello @grabyourhosting

I was able to find the ticket in which you reported this issue and the findings of the analyst who worked on it were as follows:

Within the cPanel account for 'youruser', under the section 'Email Deliverability', there is an option to customize the SPF record. Here the IP '192.XXX.XXX.9' has been included as an Additional IP Address Blocks (IPv4). As an attachment, In order to prevent the domains SPF record from being updated on upcp runs, you simply need to remove this IP from the additional IP's.
the enable spf globally script shouldn't need to be modified in this case all that should be done is remove that IP address from the additional IP blocks to include.

Thanks!