The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

prevent user nobody from sending out mail

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by cazny, Sep 12, 2004.

1. cazny

cazny BANNED

Sep 3, 2004
    I have checked "prevent user nobody from sending out mail" in WHM tweak settings's area.

Now, should I enable PHP suEXEC Support in "update apache"? I already have installed the suExec module. I just want to make sure that any script using "nobody" will be able to still send out but of course as their own resepctive username under the account.

How would I go about doing this correctly? Any downside to enabling phpsuexec support? Does the client have to modify anything on their end or is it possible to go around this?
  2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2002
    Go on, have a guess
    Most problems that I have seen with phpsuexec is when enabling it on an establised user base as opposed to doing it on a relatively empty server where people aren't using PHP much.

If you set that option under Tweak Settings, then people running PHP scripts will not be about to send out email from the scripts without phpsuexec enabled (and suexec enabled for perl CGI scripts). However, emails sent out from php scripts run through the users crontab would be able to send email.

Personally, I've never had any problems using phpsuexec so long as I've enabled it on an empty server before putting users onto it.