The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Preview is ok but not actual page

Discussion in 'Security' started by roughclaw, Aug 2, 2008.

1. roughclaw

roughclaw Registered

Hi I'm a newbie to Cpanel. I'm using a Rvsitebuilder for my website.
    The Preview of my webpage is OK on the editor but when I publish it, I got an error. It always happenend with forms. I'm using a valid e mail on that form.

the display is below or the attahed file.

Warning: is_file() [function.is-file]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/home2/rclaw/public_html/../../.rvsitebuilder/.componentconf/.componentVersionControl.ini) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home2/rclaw:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp) in /home2/rclaw/public_html/scripts/rvslib/component/rvsManageComponent.php on line 41

Warning: is_file() [function.is-file]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/home2/rclaw/public_html/../../.rvsitebuilder/.componentconf/0bb6db5a426270e5946ef77ba5c4b46b.ini) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home2/rclaw:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp) in /home2/rclaw/public_html/scripts/rvslib/component/rvsManageComponent.php on line 44

Any help is highly appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. linux7802

linux7802 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Solution

The error message you are receiving is due to open_basedir protection. PHP open_basedir protection tweak is a Safe Mode security measure that prevents users from opening files or scripts located outside of their home directory with PHP, unless the folder has specifically excluded. You can remove open_basedir Protection from your WHM.

Login to your WHM
    WHM>Security>Tweak Security>Php open_basedir Tweak

If you are still facing the problem then you need to contact your host provider :)

3. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter: