The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Primary Domain change and mail problems

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by chakky, Mar 27, 2003.

1. chakky

chakky Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2002

Whenever I use modify accounts link in WHM and make a primary domain change, I find that the clients seem to have a lot of problems:

1.If they have subdomains of the previous main domain , these subdomains are still given in /var/cpanel/users/username
    2.The entries for old subdomains are not removed or corrected from httpd.conf or even from localdomains etc.
    3.But the most biggest problem I face is clients find their emails not working properly.They can view everything via the webmmail, but when they try to configure their mail clients like outlook or others, they end up not getting things to login properly.

Things I have verified after primary domain change:
    a) entry present in localdomains, named files and /var/cpanel/users/username

b)within each user's etc folder, the corresponding new file with their domain name containing the same users are present.

c) The domain resolves correctly from outside.

Anyone got any idea about this??

And Nick, I didnt get a response after replying to the mailman problem too..:(
    #1 chakky, Mar 27, 2003
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2003