Primary Domain (No Valid Certificate) Error

FidoSysop

Dec 29, 2018
Clearwater Florida
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
In the latest release of cPanel WHM (82.0.6 ) I'm seeing Primary Domain (No Valid Certificate) when logging in to an account. I'm running under CloudFlare and are using their origin certificates that are valid, and sites are working fine. This appears to be a false flag since WHM / cPanel does not recognize CloudFlare certs.

Just a heads up :)

Reactions: The Old Man

Muhammed Fasal

Aug 9, 2017
India
serverhealers.com
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Yeah, cPanel by default only check the server itself for the installed SSL certs for primary domain. If the domain has a cert installed on the server, then it will reflect in Home interface beside the primary domain section. There is no native way to flag this based on CloudFlare SSL cert at this stage, may be they will implement this in future releases I hope. :rolleyes:

cPanelMichael

Technical Support Community Manager
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Twitter
Hello @FidoSysop,

Could you report this as a defect using this link so we can investigate to determine if CloudFlare origin certificates should be detected as part of the SSL warning functionality in the cPanel UI? You can post the ticket number here once it's opened and I'll link this thread to it.

Thank you.

The Old Man

Feb 24, 2016
UK
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Thanks for this, have the same issue using Cloudflare certs. I'd switch from Autossl generated Let's Encrypt to Cloudflare certs some time ago. For anyone inexperienced or new to CPanel, this could be somewhat confusing and worrying.

cPanelMichael

Technical Support Community Manager
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Twitter
Thanks for this, have the same issue using Cloudflare certs. I'd switch from Autossl generated Let's Encrypt to Cloudflare certs some time ago. For anyone inexperienced or new to CPanel, this could be somewhat confusing and worrying.
Hello @The Old Man,

Could you report this as a defect using this link so we can reproduce this on a domain using a CloudFlare origin certificate? While it does appear the SSL certificate detection functionality is working as intended, we may need to open a case to request that CloudFlare Origin certificates result in more specific warning message in the cPanel UI. Please post the ticket number here once it's opened.

Thank you.