The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

primary mail accounts not working

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by gordita, Apr 7, 2003.

1. gordita

gordita Well-Known Member

I am using Cpanel 6.2.0-R55 and none of the primary accounts' email is working for any of my domains.

When I log into horde for the main account for a domain it shows no messages and when I check mail through cppop it shows no messages although I can see that there are messages waiting in the /home/username/mail/username/inbox and /home/username/mail/domainname/username/inbox files.

2. gordita

UPGRADE DIDN'T HELP

I am now running Cpanel 6.2.0-E57 and the problem still exists :-(

... can anyone else confirm this problem?

The primary username for any of the domains on my servers are not able to retrieve email.

3. Networkologist

Networkologist Well-Known Member

Sorry gordita, I'm an absolute newbie. Only thing I can think of is to foward all unrouted mail to a regular user.

I thought it would be a bit risky to advertise the site "admins" name anyway.

4. gordita

Okay, thanks for the reply anyway,

Maybe I've kind of assumed that everyone uses the main account as a POP account?

A lot of my users do this so that they can really get use of 6 pop accounts when I only grant them 5 (because they can use the 5 POPs + the main account)