The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Private key download (empty)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by wonker, Mar 1, 2009.

1. wonker

wonker Active Member

Hello, I've been trying to setup cpanel so my users can setup their own public keys / private keys for sftp. However for some reason when I click on download to download the ssh private key it downloads an empty file.

Before this with my firewall I could not even start the download, now I've opened outbount TCP port 2083 the download works but no contents in the file.

Have any of you had this problem before ? is their another port I should open or something?

Thankyou :)

2. wonker

wonker Active Member

Sorry I've just seen that this question has already been asked, and that the answer was to contact cPanel, however if anyone has another answer (for example what ports need to be open for it to work that would be great).

3. wonker

wonker Active Member

Sorry it's me again, I've juste tested, it's the firewall blocking the download of the file contents.

What port does cPanel use to offer the download contents ? doesn't it use the 2083 SSL port ?

It seems to use the 2083 just for the filename but not the contents.

4. wonker

wonker Active Member

Here's the news :

If I'm connected to SSH (therefore the connection is established) I seem to be able to download the .pub file but otherwise I have to wait about 30 sec then I only get a blank file (tried on 3 computers).

With the firewall turned off I can also download the file ... so I'm 99.99% sure that it's a firewall problem, but I believe I've got all the correct ports open, the only one I haven't got open is the specefic outbound SSH port for that machine, but I can't see why the file would be sent with that file.

So far cPanel support has been quick and reactive but have not come up with a solution yet ...

5. wonker

wonker Active Member

Hi, I've just got an answer from cPanel, it seems that its a small bug and not my firewall (a wrong link ?).
    Thay've given me a link to pass on to my customers, and enter in the browser. I asked them if I could manually add this link to cPanel, they said yes it's possible but customations are not supported by cpanel.

I guess I'll have to wait for the bug to be fixed.

6. wonker

wonker Active Member

cPanel updated this morning and bug fixed :)
    That's what I call good support ! :)