The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Privileges for one username

Discussion in 'Database Discussions' started by toplisek, May 3, 2011.

1. toplisek

toplisek Active Member

I like to set privileges for ONE username.

It has to be set in the account control panel. How to do it as I do not like to set WILDcard *.* to be open to all users?

There is Remote Database Access Hosts and possible setting just *.*

2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I'm not entirely certain I understand what is being asked, so I'd like to ask some questions to clarify.

- This concerns MySQL and a database user for MySQL?
    - The database user privileges would be set in cPanel area (you do not have SSH or WHM access to set the privileges)?

Next, you are mentioning remote access hosts along with privileges and those differ. Is this a privilege for which database grants the user will have or is this a remote access for the IP for the user?

Please note that you can always remove the existing MySQL user and re-add the user to change the available grants (privileges). The access hosts for remote access area does not allow access based on one set user. The access hosts would allow access for all MySQL users on that cPanel account for the IP(s) you enter there.

3. toplisek

toplisek Active Member

- This concerns MySQL and a database user for MySQL? Yes
    - The database user privileges would be set in cPanel area (you do not have SSH or WHM access to set the privileges)? Yes, I have but which setting (checkbox) defines access to ONLY one database within CP?

Next, you are mentioning remote access hosts along with privileges and those differ.
    Is this a privilege for which database grants the user will have or is this a remote access for the IP for the user? I think both possibility is nice to know how to set but in the first place: privilege for which database grants the user will have.