The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Probably a very simple question, but...

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by quanin, Sep 26, 2012.

1. quanin

quanin Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I'm probably going to kick myself when someone answers this question for me, but I'll ask anyway. How do I turn on network tests in SpamAssassin? And, will doing so mess with anything during a CPanel update? right now, it's telling me it's only running local. Which is awesome, except I'd like to integrate SpamCop into the mix, and perhaps a few other services in the near future. I looked, but it's not anywhere obvious. Either that or I haven't had enough caffeine.

2. quanin

quanin Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Alright, that question *was* simple. This one's less so. All the docs in the world say you're supposed to be able to report automatically any received spam above a certain level. I did the configuring of the from and to address as everything I read says I should, but even though I'm getting positive hits for spam, and I know they're positive, SA won't shoot them to SpamCop. Is there a separate variable I need to set up? I know report_threshold used to be the key, but my digging says that's been depricated. Am I right or just on crack?

3. ruzbehraja

ruzbehraja Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi,

Have you seen RBLs

This should solve your problem, although it has nothing to do with SpamAssassin.

This will check the IP's at SMTP time and reject them. I recommend.

4. quanin

quanin Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I'm doing that. What I'd like to do is take an email with a spam score at or above $spamlimit and automatically forward those spam messages to my registered spamcop.net email for reporting. Can that even be done anymore? The docs seem mostly geared for older versions of SA (3.10 or so).