Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Problem accessing sites on the server

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Larkolag, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Larkolag

Larkolag Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello,
    CPanel server has some access problems to my clients What could be the reason for this?
    I thought that Firewall (csf) users banned ip address, but I still have this problem when I turn off csf What could be the source of the problem?

For example this site: - Removed -

I can not access this site while the customer has no problem accessing it....

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 Larkolag, Aug 7, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2018
  2. cPanelLauren

cPanelLauren Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hello @Larkolag

You may also want to check cPhulkd for this as well as the .htaccess for the domain in question. If you can't access the domain but everyone else can this is typically a firewall issue, the only exception might be a deny from rule in the .htaccess.

Thanks!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Larkolag

Larkolag Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    The source of the problem is definitely CSF.
    Although I have not tried dozens of options for CSF, I am constantly having trouble accessing users' sites in the same way as ip ban.

If I get the lowest level of protection from the CSF's own profile options, I checked again today and I have 100 ropes banished and I do not know how to prevent it :(

I do not want to use CSF anymore because I did not solve what I did. Even when I use my own settings, the customers' ip address is banned.

Could you suggest an alternative software CSF because I do not want to use CSF anymore. There is no new software like CSF but it has to be simpler than it.

4. cPanelLauren

cPanelLauren Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hi @Larkolag

While there are other 3rd party alternatives to ConfigServer Firewall none of them are going to be easier to use as far as I am aware. There is APF which is similar but there is no built-in UI that will integrate with cPanel. You could use cPhulk for login failures as well as iptables - both of these are available on the system in most cases already.

Thanks!

5. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    If a legitimate customer gets blocked, there's a reason for that. You should figure that out, instead of geting rid of the much needed security that CSF provides.

cPanelLauren likes this.