The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem Accessing WHM

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crossfireradio, Sep 19, 2006.

1. crossfireradio

crossfireradio Registered

For some reason today, I was having all kinds of problems with cpanel and whm..

Well I got the cpanel problem fixed, and can access it again, but I cannot access whm at all, I have checked through the server and everything and for some reason I get login/password incorrect, but its all correct.

And before hand I did a server reboot, and everything went nuts. Has anyone had the problem of losing access to WHM? Since I also run hosting on our server, I went to the other accounts, all thier cpanels load fine, but shell wont load...

I cant reboot ssh server cause I cant access whm =\

Anyone got any ideas? or hints or something?

thanx in advance,

2. rustelekom

rustelekom Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

have you tried connect to WHM by http:// ? Look as you have ssltunnel issue. You can try connect to root WHM by http://yourip:2086

3. crossfireradio

crossfireradio Registered

4. loverboy

loverboy Active Member

if you have linux i think you can go to ssh using root and run that /scripts/upcp --force &

and then try to change root password from ssh using passwd and tape the new Twice

then you can try again access your whm and tape the error if it didn't resolved

5. AndyReed

AndyReed Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

What do you mean by "I cant reboot ssh server"? Do you mean you can't SSH to the server, or you can't reboot the server? If you can't SSH to the server, make sure you are using the correct shell port (default is 22).
    You also mentioned that the company where you host your dedicated server can't ssh to your server; that means they are resellers and they don't have "physical" access to the server. You don't need SSH, if you have physical access to the server.

6. rustelekom

rustelekom Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

topic starter do not look as reseler fro me. he just cannot connect to WHM as root with https:// access and restart failed. I give him recommendation how he can solve problem, but situation llok as server was hacked and hacker just change root password and might be block console access (because "and they couldnt even access it to change the pass.. =\"). May be running machine from remoter or local console by DC techie can solve this problem... I remember that even console access also restricted by password is it possible log to server. Most likely with using floppy and boot system from O/S on floppy and then just have a physical access to HDD and change root passwor hash in /etc/shadow.