The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem adding new IP addresses in WHM (restart needed?)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by beley, Sep 17, 2003.

1. beley

beley Active Member

Feb 27, 2003
    I am in the process of moving sites from an old Windows NT web server to a new RedHat 8 web server running Apache. The server has been up and running fine but I am having a problem moving the sites over. The sites have to be moved one at a time because I have to coordinate with the people who update the sites, etc.

Anyway, below is the process of what I am doing. My problem is that when I add the new IP and setup the account it doesn't work until I restart the new server. I was wondering if this is normal or if there was a way to get the new IP to recognise on the new server without restarting.

Unassign IP from domain in IIS and remove IP from the Win NT Machine
    Reboot win NT machine
    Added IP address to Linux machine & rebuilt ip pool - shows ip free
    Added account using WebHost manager with new IP

The site is not pulling up and the ip is not resolving to the new server until I restart. I know it's not the old server because I restart it every time (have to- windows ) Anyway, any advice would be appreciated... Support Ticket Number:
  2. ciphervendor

ciphervendor Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2002
    You probably have to restart the additional interfaces on your ethernet adapter:

/etc/rc.d/init.d/ipaliases restart Support Ticket Number: