The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problem adding parked domains

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by blackisha, Jun 30, 2005.

1. blackisha

blackisha Member

I am trying to park domains, over a domain. Here are the steps I use:

buy the domains & point it to our nameservers
    create the DNS zone file in WHM
    park the zone in cpanel

The problem I am having is that when I try and park the domain, cpanel complains loudly:

Nameserver ips for cricketsite.info are: 205.214.90.160,216.7.176.116 Sorry, that domain (cricketsite.info) is already pointed at an ip address that does not appear to use dns servers on this server or master servers! Please transfer the domain to this server's nameservers or have your admin add one of its nameservers ips to /etc/ips.remotedns and make the proper A entries on that remote nameserver!

However, the domain itself is pointing to the address (216.7.176.116), and the dns servers listed _are_ the nameservers that cpanel is complaining about.

the parked domain is cricketsite.info

a whois of cricketsite.info:
    <snip>
    Name Server:NS.ITOMIC.COM
    Name Server:NS2.ITOMIC.COM
    (these resolve to the above ip addresses).

I tried to unpark & re-park another domain that had been already done (to test), and that worked fine, so it is something small that I havent done right for the cricketsite.tv domain.

I can park the domain by tweaking the setttings under 'domains' to not check for this, but I would like to know the cause of this problem.

2. dalem

dalem Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    In WHM tweek settings
    Domains
    put a check in
    Allow Creation of Parked/Addon Domains that resolve to other servers (ie domain transfers) [This can be a major security problem. If you must have it