The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem after install

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kwickcut, Feb 19, 2005.

1. kwickcut

kwickcut Registered

hello all i am new to cpanel but need to get thsi working as the sw that i am running requires this apt and webmin witch i was useing will not do the job..

some background i am running mandrake 10.0 offical powerpack i have had a apache sql php server running with no trouble untill i installed cpanel.

i did a fresh install of mandrake then installed cpanel as they required everything went will untill i went to reboot the mandrake box. once i did that mandrake stalls after it goes throught the standard checks. i do not get the log in box instead i get this message

Code:
    localhost login: /ect/rc5.d/s99local: line 84: /ect/rv.d/init.d/badmin: 
    no such file or directory.
    does anyone know what i need to do to fix this thanks

kwick

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Well, for starters there's no indication on the cPanel OS list that Mandrake v10 is supported. Also, you should always start with a clean build of the server installation of the OS you choose with no apps configured. I'd suggest starting again with a clean server OS install of one of the listed supported OS's (for example, CentOS v3.4).

3. kwickcut

kwickcut Registered

thanks for the info i did start with a fresh install and everything worked untill i rebooted but i do see that it does support Mandrake Linux 7.2, 8.0, 8.1, 8.2, 9.0, 9.1, 9.2 so i would think that it should support 10.0 also but maybe not thanks for the reply

kwick

#3 kwickcut, Feb 19, 2005
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2005