Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem after migrating an account

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by Alexx002, Jun 6, 2017.

1. Alexx002

Alexx002 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I am new to cpanel, and still learning how it works. I recently used the "full backup restore" option in root whm to transfer an account that had been previously hosted elsewhere.

The problem I am left having is that all addon domains that were in the account now show up as only subdomains, and aren't resolving when I enter their full url to the document root.

When I enter the url I get the cpanel "SORRY this site is not configured correctly" message
    check DNS etc, etc.

I have updated the nameservers in registrar to point to my server.

Any advice what i have to do?

I figured I would just manually delete all the subdomain entries and re-enter them as Addon domains pointing to their root documents, but when I tried adding them this way I got a message telling me that the name already exists and something about DNS clusters.

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    How long ago? Updating DNS can take some time after moving an account. Editing anything DNS related can add to that time.