problem assigning ip to nameserver

threiner

Registered
Feb 5, 2012
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
hello,

my cpanel came from the hoster with preconfigured Nemservers, but i dont like to pay for every nameserver entry to the hoster so i like to use my own nameservers.

i did the necessary changes to set up the nameservers at godaddy, but there is a problem to set the IP's in
Main >> Server Configuration >> Basic cPanel & WHM Setup

when i try to add a A entry for the nameserver i get : Sorry, a DNS entry for ns1.cnp-server.com already exists

when i try to edit the zone manually i get

zone ns1.cnp-server.com/IN: loaded serial 2012020501 OK Unable to parse zone: There was an error while loading the zone for ns1.cnp-server.com. Please correct any errors in this zone manually and try again. The exact error from the parser was: expected valid mname, line 4 .

when i like to see the nameserver IP's i get a blank one is empty

in add A entry i see the old IP's from hosters nameservers...

how to solve that problem???

thanks in advance

cPanelTristan

Quality Assurance Analyst
Staff member
Oct 2, 2010
somewhere over the rainbow
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Please check the nameservers you have listed in WHM > Basic cPanel & WHM Setup area do not have a . at the end of them such as ns1.cnp-server.com. and ns2.cnp-server.com.

If you do have a dot listed at the end of the nameserver names, please remove the . and re-save that area. You might also need to manually edit the nameserver in root SSH at /var/named/ location directly to fix the issue. We are probably trying to save two dots (ns1.cnp-server.com.. and ns2.cnp-server.com..) due to the fact that we do not expect a . to be placed at the end of the nameserver name in WHM > Basic cPanel & WHM Setup section.