The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem by sending, recieving emails.

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by NejcP, Feb 5, 2005.

1. NejcP

NejcP Registered

I'm the admin with WHM and Cpanel on my site!
    Everything works fine except the email's that I send never come. When I send it in outlook or webmail go out without a problem (no error messages). The same problem by recieving emails. can't recieve emails...

Second things are subdomains. When I create them cpanel creates directory on the server and everything goes without a problem! When I want to access the subsomain sub.mysite.com. It always gives me PAGE NOT FOUND!

Please help!

2. dezignguy

dezignguy Well-Known Member

sounds like you have dns issues... check around for a tutorial on how to setup your dns. There's a search button up there at the top of every page here.

3. NejcP

NejcP Registered

Thanks for your help. I know that's a dns issue. The problem is that I don't know how to set it up...

4. dezignguy

dezignguy Well-Known Member

type the words below into google.com

setup cpanel dns

I can recommend the webhostgear tutorial, which should be the second link listed with that search.

Remember that you can usually find more info on anything you might want to know by typing several relevant words into a search engine. It takes about 10 seconds... with something obscure, or too common it may take you a few minutes to tighten up a search so that it's relevant to what you're looking for. But either way, it's much faster than waiting a day or two for someone else to possibly help you on a forum. Feed yourself.