The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem Compiling php on the server

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MrHeart, Dec 7, 2011.

1. MrHeart

MrHeart Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Greetings to you all distinguished fellows, am joining this forum for the first time due to a challenge am facing as the root administrator of my website.

[Problem]
    The site was working just fine running in joomla. I then decided to change the technology and use dreamweaver to be building and deploying my pages instead of using joomla, so i builta new home page in dreamweaver first to replace the joomla home page and took it online to the server i made the index page of my new site to bear the name indexx.html so the running did not actually temper with the old joomla site which was still running very well while i was using indexx.html to teste and edit my new site. When i found out that my new site was ok and good to go, i then renamed index.php(index of the old running joomla site) to index2.php and renamed indexx.html(index of my new dreamweaver site) to index.php which refused to compile, i then renamed it again to index.html and it began to run the new site. However all the links i created to the pages of the old joomla pages were no longer working so i decided to go back to the old joomla website by renaming index2.php back to index.php and renaming index.html, eventually the old site did not work again WHICH IMPLIES THAT THE SERVER IS NO LONGER COMPILING PHP PAGES... please can someone please give me a solution to resolve this issue and get out of this mess, i will really appreciate...

thanks

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Please run the following command from the command-line and let us know the result:

Code:
    # php /home/username/public_html/index.php
    Replace "username" with the username of the account, and "index.php" with whatever the file name is for the PHP page that is not working.

Thank you.

3. MrHeart

MrHeart Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello cPanelMichael, i tried what you told me but the command prompt keeps telling me '#php' is not recognised as an internal or external command, i tried removing the # but it still reads the samething... pls give me another solution bcos am building a discussion forum with php which is 95% complete now and will be incorporated to the site as soon as its complete so i need php to start compiling on the server, pls am waiting for your kind and urgent responce... thanks

4. MrHeart

MrHeart Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello cPanelMichael,

Pls where do i get the command prompt to run this command? is it located anywhere on the server? pls direct me to it so i can try running it bcos i tried it on my local dos' command promt which could not recognize the commands... pls reply...

#4 MrHeart, Jan 23, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2012
  5. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator