The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problem comprehending cpanel bandwidth graphs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rligg, Feb 18, 2010.

1. rligg

rligg Well-Known Member

I am having a problem comprehending cpanel bandwidth graphs. I look at a daily graph for say site A. The graph suggests 8M (Is this megabytes?) Yet the printed data on the lower page says 359 Megabytes.

What am I missing here? This is consistent for all accounts. I assume I am misunderstanding something.

Thanks

2. rligg

rligg Well-Known Member

Nobody has a clue on this?

3. aqjedd

aqjedd Member

4. rligg

rligg Well-Known Member

It may, but the problem I am talking about is what's being shown in the graphs as opposed to the raw numbers. This bug doesn't explain this.

The graph says I used 10 Megabytes on day 1. Yet the numbers below say I used 1400 Megabytes on day 1.

Cpanel says it is a bug as well and will be patched on 472 build. Mn there support was quite fast to reply. Good to see.

#4 rligg, Feb 19, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2010
  5. jpratt

jpratt Well-Known Member

For the graph that shows the 8 M or 10 M measurement, does the y axis measurement say "Bits/sec"? It is actually a measurement of the download speed or transfer rate. It is confusing that CPanel calls this "traffic"; traffic to me is synonymous with "usage". You may see another graph measuring "traffic" with the y axis title "Bytes transferred" which is what people expect. I will submit this request to Cpanel support to clarify what they mean.