Problem cpanel after upgrade mysql

inventor

May 14, 2006
hi all,

I've a big problem, I've upgraded mysql to 5.0.24 standart, after this all of my client are lost their user and all of information of their database in cpanel, I've got mysql number NA /100.

all of table are in phpmyadmin. all of website that use mysql access are offline , and it's say that the user and password are wrong.

Also, my mysql server was always in red in my whm and don't want to start.

Any idear ?

thanks

AndyReed

PartnerNOC
May 29, 2004
Minneapolis, MN
inventor said:
I've a big problem, I've upgraded mysql to 5.0.24 standart, after this all of my client are lost their user and all of information of their database in cpanel, I've got mysql number NA /100.

all of table are in phpmyadmin. all of website that use mysql access are offline , and it's say that the user and password are wrong.

Also, my mysql server was always in red in my whm and don't want to start.
Did you upgrade mySQL through the WHM, or manually using source RPMs? What was the previous MySQL version? Do you have backups of your MySQL DBs?

inventor

May 14, 2006
hi I've upgrade mysql from whm, the previous version was 4.1 I think and no haven't backup of sql, but all of my clients have their table in phpmyadmin.

See this when I try to reboot mysql server :

usr/bin/mysqladmin: connect to server at 'localhost' failed error: 'Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)' Check that mysqld is running and that the socket: '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' exists! mysql has failed, please contact the sysadmin (result was "Warning, no valid mysql.sock file found.mysql has failed").
I don't know what to do

Last edited:

inventor

May 14, 2006
thanks you for your help , I'will through some answers but this is what I do to fix my problem

1 - cpanel use a daemon called chkservd to know if a service is started or not
2 - this daemon is started from /etc/init.d/chkservd and this init script was wrong was trying to start the daemon from /usr/sbin but the daemon is in /usr/local/cpanel/libexec
3- so, fixe it in init.d

that all

I hope that this will help you