Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem Creating Addon Domain

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by Phics, Dec 20, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Phics

Phics Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I'm having an issue where a customer who has pointed to our nameservers, (confirmed from the CLI using #whois <customer_domain.ca>), and it does appear to correspond to our ns1.ourserver.ca and ns2.ourserver.ca, with matching IPs, but they get this message when trying to create an addon domain:

(XID hpfh98) Sorry, the domain is already pointed to an IP address that does not appear to use DNS servers associated with this server. Please transfer the domain to this servers nameservers or have your administrator add one of its nameservers to /etc/ips.remotedns and make the proper A entries on that remote nameserver.

So in this case, since they are pointed to us already, it seems adding our own nameservers to /etc/ips.remotedns seems a bit silly, and I really don't want to use the tweak settings to allow this, since this seems indicative of a different problem, and I hate band-aids and duct tape.

Any thoughts?

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Can you verify the domain name is active at the domain registrar? I've seen this happen when the domain name is under a status such as "ClientHold" at the registrar.

Thank you.

3. Phics

Phics Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    No prob. Seems like it expires in Nov. of 2018, so I don't think that's the issue in this case. It's status seems fine.

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Feel free to open a support ticket using the link in my signature so we can take a closer look.

Thank you.