alphawolf50

Apr 28, 2011
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi deseweb,

You might still benefit from mounting your partitions with "noatime". Edit your /etc/fstab so that it looks like below:

Code:
/dev/VolGroup89/ROOT	/                       ext3	usrjquota=quota.user,jqfmt=vfsv0[B],noatime[/B] 1 1
LABEL=/boot             /boot                   ext3    defaults[B],noatime[/B] 1 2
tmpfs                   /dev/shm                tmpfs   defaults,noexec,nosuid 0 0
/tmp                    /var/tmp                ext3    defaults,bind,noauto,usrquota,noexec,nosuid,nodiratime,noatime 0 0
devpts                  /dev/pts                devpts  gid=5,mode=620 0 0
sysfs                   /sys                    sysfs   defaults 0 0
proc                    /proc                   proc    defaults 0 0
/dev/VolGroup89/SWAP    swap                    swap    defaults 0 0
/usr/tmpDSK             /tmp                    ext3    defaults,noauto[B],noatime[/B] 0 0
/dev/sdb1	        /hd2	                ext3	defaults[B],noatime[/B] 1 2
I added ",noatime" on the first two lines and the last two lines.

Next, run each of the below commands to remount each of the partitions:
Code:
mount -o remount /

mount -o remount /boot

mount -o remount /tmp

mount -o remount /hd2
No guarantee this will solve the problem, but it can't hurt.

kev smitherson

Registered
Jan 23, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
This is the old way of monitoring. Try some tools like Zabbix or SeaLion or SAR or New relic. What you have here is limited information. My personal choice would be Sealion since it lets you check back the state of your system during a crash. It executes some fundamental commands used by all sysAdmins and logs the outputs on a timeline like this:

/http://i.stack.imgur.com/ghAnK.png

You could then check the state of your servers, i.e. the top processes take your CPU or disk usage, etc.