The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem for sending mails to Hotmail and Outlook.

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Stergo, Jan 16, 2015.

1. Stergo

Stergo Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hi all

Since about three months ago I can not send mail to any domain of the microsoft ( outlook , hotmail, microsoft ) from windows live mail to any other domain if I can send e well and get so doing returns me the following message error:

Code:
    xxxxx@hotmail.com
    SMTP error from remote mail server after MAIL FROM:<username@domain.com.mx> SIZE=3717:
    host mx4.hotmail.com [65.55.92.168]: 550 OU-002 (SNT004-MC3F4) Unfortunately, messages from 204.12.xxx.xx weren't sent. Please contact your Internet service provider since part of their network is on our block list. You can also refer your provider to  [url=http://mail.live.com/mail/troubleshooting.aspx#errors]Troubleshooting[/url].

I tried to enter through cpanel webmail but throws me error :

"This server does not have a valid license. Please contact the server administrator to address this issue. Other services, for example web services, are likely functioning normally. (Cannot read license file)"

I wonder if this error may be the cause of my problem and who or how I contact to register such as missing license is supposed to be running everything as it is the contracted service.

Thanks for the help

2. cPanelJared

cPanelJared Technical Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    The cPanel license only affects the WebHost Manager, cPanel, and Webmail interfaces. It does not affect other services, such as your Web sites or the actual mail functionality. Specifically, a problem with the cPanel license will not cause the server that hosts your mail to be put on Hotmail's block list. That will only happen because Hotmail is receiving mail that it considers to be spam, from the server (or the network that includes that server, as the message explains) that hosts your mail.

The access level you selected is "Website Owner". Only the server administrator has access to do anything about the cPanel license. You need to talk to your hosting provider and tell them about the license problem, because part of the service that you are paying for is not working for you. Your hosting provider can then contact either their license provider, or us (cPanel) directly, to resolve the license problem.

Your hosting provider will need to work on the Hotmail block problem separately. The error you pasted explains the exact problem, and you should give that to your hosting provider and ask them to contact Hotmail and ask to be removed from the block list. There is unfortunately nothing you can do as an end user about this.

3. Stergo

Stergo Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Thanks Jared for your help i proced to contact my provider.

4. cPanelJared

cPanelJared Technical Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    You are most welcome!