Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem importing zipped CSV into a database

Discussion in 'Database Discussions' started by Tjay322, May 10, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Tjay322

Tjay322 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    I've been using phpmyadmin for importing and exporting tables without too much trouble, but after the latest update it seems to not work properly? Before there was an option to 'replace table data with file' which I would use if there was any problems and it was working well. This is no longer an option and when I upload a .csv I'm just getting a blank page after the upload is finished, no info no error message just blank?

So I'm wondering what's the best practice for uploading .csv tables and zipped .csv files?

Most of the time I'm just adding to the content already there using MS excel then saving as normal. I'm not adding new columns, sometimes deleting rows.

Now the particular file I'm uploading is around 500mb but zipped up it's around 7mb, I've increased the upload limit and time via WHM. I have dealt with files this large before with the old version without any problem so I'm confused why this version is playing up or I'm not doing something right? I'm including the column names when uploading, disabling partial import and choosing Do not abort on INSERT error.

I've got this message when on the home page of phpmyadmin:
    Your PHP MySQL library version 5.1.73 differs from your MySQL server version 5.5.54. This may cause unpredictable behavior.

Would this be causing it?

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Here's a quote from one of our Technical Analysts regarding the topic of importing CSV files via phpMyAdmin in a recent support request:

Regarding your other question:

This topic is discussed on the following thread:

Phpmyadmin - PHP MySQL library version

Thank you.