The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem installing 2nd HDD

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by riyafath, Jan 9, 2006.

1. riyafath

riyafath Registered

I have a dedicated server and have installed 2nd hdd. It has been successfully mounted to /home1. My first HDD is mounted to /home. My purpose is to use both HDD for hosting. The problem is whenever I create a new account it is always on /home. How do I use /home and /home1 with the WHM?

2. bijo

bijo Well-Known Member

Hello,

Check the tab

WHM >> Main >> Server Configuration >> Basic cPanel/WHM Setup >> Default Home Directory

3. riyafath

riyafath Registered

I found the following info

Default Home Directory*
    Enter the location where you wish for new users' home directories to be created. By default all directories matching the "Home Directory Prefix" are checked for available disk space and the directory with the most free space will be used.

Example: /home

Home Directory Prefix
    Additional home directories matching the following value will also be used for new home directory creations. This option only takes one value. A blank value disables this feature

It checks the directory which is most free and only one entry is valid I think and that is /home. But I want to use /home1 also.

4. rustelekom

rustelekom Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

you may use /home1 too. but for this you need use rearrannge accounts function in WHM. This mean that your old accounts which hold on /home, will transferred to /home1 and you will freid you firrst drive for new clients.

5. riyafath

riyafath Registered

Thanks for the info. But could you please explain how or can you give me a link where I can get these infos:
    1. Adding /home1 to WHM
    2. Transferring clients
    3. Using /home for new clients.