The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem installing SSL

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rwoody, Jan 29, 2006.

1. rwoody

rwoody Member

This is the second time this has happened and I just can't seem to find the answer myself. The last time cpanel installed the SSL for me, and I don't know how they solved the issue.

I've installed probably hundreds of SSL's, but on the last two I consistently get a RSA Key mismatch.

I'm ordering the SSL with "www" in the URL, so no nasty popups happen when the user checks out of the customer's site. But when I create the CSR that way and try to install it I have this problem. I've tried both with and without the "www" in the URL in the install form. When I complete the form with the URL - www.mysite.com, it immediately populates with the correct RSA key that I saved when I generated the CSR, but when I click "Do It" - I get the error message - RSA Key mismatch. :(

Can someone please help me? I was pulling an all nighter to meed a 9:AM deadline and this is the only thing holding me up and its urgent. I would appreciate anyone that might be up out there that could give me a hand.

Thanks

Ruth

2. PWSowner

PWSowner Well-Known Member

Any chance your certificate comes with a zip file that contains a different key?

I don't remember which one, but a while back I had trouble with one and eventually realized that a key in the zip file was different than the one that auto-populated. I replaced it and the install went fine.

3. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

I've certainly had that problem with the Comodo certs where the cabundle cert has changed (a few times now) beyond what it prefills with. As you say, the zip file should usually contain the cabundle cert(s) that you need with that specific certificate if it is a chained cert.

4. rwoody

rwoody Member

My certs are not in a .zip when I receive them, merely text in an email. I use Geo. Once again, I contacted cPanel and they were able to get the cert in with merely using the auto populate. This is the strangest thing I have ever encountered. I've probably installed hundreds up till now over the years and the last two are the first issues I've ever had. Its baffling to me.

Thanks for you reply, the cert is in, but the mystery is still unsolved...lol :confused: