The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem Logging Into cPanel

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by disappointed, Jun 1, 2015.

1. disappointed

disappointed Active Member

WE will pay you for your subscription, for your support on WHM/CPanel new server start up issues and newest version,

PM for our # local to your Houston office

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Please contact customer support directly with any billing questions you have, thanks.

3. LostNerd

LostNerd Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
  4. disappointed

I would love to login in there and open a sales request I have not had an account with cpanel in years since they EOL the cpanel I had and the server it was on.

So I need a person to help me create a new account and get back, in line with cpanel again...

So I can create a ticket.

second issues is the minute I put a new box online I got locked out, not because I did any thing wrong it was do to a DDOS and CPHULK kicked me for good as well.

I asked for a simple check box next to the offenders years ago, so you could just click to blacklist on the fly. I would have hoped this would have happened by now.

Lot of new options just missing a good option I know allot of people wanted.

Oh I forgot I am setting up another server tonight as well after a big crash, so my email in not working so I cant use the forgot password option either.

tried both emails and old passwords as well

5. LostNerd

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
  6. disappointed

My IP was not in cphulk you can see my ip ends in 210

I can copy can past cphulk here

I know about removing the "ip" I have had customers lock them selves out with spaces and typos all the time

the logs did not even catch the error I had next after that mess, I can send you the image or post it here it is a big png though.

it was very unique

imageshack.com/a/img538/1545/SoSd9a.png

this was after the brute force attack and there was no issue on our side we could ping the server fine, we hade a very small trace route as well

#6 disappointed, Jun 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2015
  7. LostNerd

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Something there is blocking your connection. If it's not cPHulk, is it possible that you have another firewall enabled as well such as CSF?

It's also possible that some services aren't running. Can you log in to SSH and confirm that ALL cPanel services are running properly?

8. disappointed

this is a brand new clean install nothing on it, why do I bother, I am starting to feel cheapened as I am getting at both ends with out any thing in return

9. LostNerd

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Did the install complete correctly?

I suggest logging in to SSH and running

Code:
    /scripts/upcp --force

Possibly a reboot too if that doesn't work.

10. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:

What does this even mean in regard to you having issues logging into a newly setup server?

LostNerd likes this.
  11. disappointed

I have added Seth to my bad list I don't want to here from him any more at Cpanel I don't want generic answers I can get those from the Google and what not.

I know Cphulk has an issue with the history because other people are having the same issue, even the data center has the same issue. your Java script for view history times out.

Now excluding those who have a machine with 10 physical Intel I7 CPU's with a trillion threads or better, full size wall LCD display in 1mil by 1 mil mode, cajillion terabyte HDD, a one jigawatt bus speed and cooled by the waste water coming form the Hoover Dam... please look in to this issue.

I would like to got WHM on the fly look at the CPHulk history and copy and paste to my notepad ++ and right a rule as others would as well

I use the history to build my firewall and I am not going to install a third party fire wall to much on my server Intel CPU's and memory.

I hate CSF and would never install it on a server......

here is a simple copy and paste of the text displayed in the history window after your very large java or Ajax script fails

Home »Security Center »cPHulk Brute Force Protection under the history tab

***********************************************************below this line *************************************************************

Failed Logins

The system counts Failed Logins for the duration of the specified period, which is currently set to “500” minutes.
    User IP Address Service Authentication Service Login Time Expiration Time Minutes Remaining

Code:
    {{ failure.ip }} {{ failure.logintime }} {{ failure.exptime }} {{ failure.timeleft }}
    {{ failure.ip }} {{ failure.logintime }} {{ failure.exptime }} {{ failure.timeleft }}

#11 disappointed, Jun 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2015
  12. disappointed

you cant even see the ip's with in Cphulks DB using PHPMyAdmin I exported it as well as MySql my serer load is between .49 and 2.6 because I can not see who to block

Code:
    admin ÿÿh›¥ system
    admin ÿÿh›¥ system
    admin ÿÿh›¥ system
    admin ÿÿh›¥ system
    root ÿÿh›¥ system
    root ÿÿh›¥ system
    root ÿÿh›¥ system
    guest ÿÿh›¥ system
    guest ÿÿh›¥ system
    guest ÿÿh›¥ system
    uucp ÿÿh›¥ system

do you want to tell me how I am suppose to convert this mess to some thing useable

#12 disappointed, Jun 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2015
  13. disappointed

let me guess if could see it Cpanel would have to kill me because it is top secrete, oh better yet attackers have rights too so I have to subpena, for a key for a special decoder ring so I can ban them and there dirt bag third would country from my server. Or some hobo who wont use a rain coat while on the internet and gets infected with some sort of internet STD

14. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

The whitelisted and blacklisted IPs are stored in "ip_lists" table of the cphulk database as VARBINARY entries - in order to "read" them via a select statement, you will need to use the INET6_NTOA() mysql function (only available in 5.6.3+). EX:

Code:
    mysql cphulkd;
    SELECT INET6_NTOA(`STARTADDRESS`), INET6_NTOA(`ENDADDRESS`), `COMMENT` from `ip_lists` WHERE TYPE = 1;" (fetches the whitelisted IPs)
    Is this helpful?

Thank you.

15. LostNerd

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    I don't understand why you feel so hostile towards cPanel... They can only work with the information they have and in my experience, have always gone above and beyond. There's no need to be rude in my opinion.

I've just run the code supplied by Michael above and confirmed it's exactly what you're looking for (from what I understand your problem to be).

Perhaps now you will see that cPanel are fully transparent. Always have been. Always will be.

Good luck with your blocking.

tank likes this.
  16. disappointed

You have not seen rude, that was chewing on my arm and being assertive with out losing control.

your filters don't even have the Spanglish I can come up with on this matter. I just got off the phone with Cpanel Customer service. I went round in circles with the person and told him to drop the ticket on the supreme bean counters desk. I told him is this how long an issue takes to resolve. I have to get all the customers loaded back on the server. I have servers here in the office waiting to load backups back on the server.

Dell Power Edge Servers make great machines to back up to and are very reliable and rackable.

#16 disappointed, Jun 12, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2015
  17. disappointed

thank you for the decoder ring.

If I upgrade MySQL will that stop all the sites from running the MySQL has be migrating up and up and I am wondering at what point will the code stop working. We just had to migrate al the code for the customers to php5.

it said that the current MySQL was compatible with the newer MySQL and there for did not require a Apache recompile or restart

18. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

It's possible that some of your websites are not compatible with MySQL 5.6. You will have to review each script individually to determine if it will function after the upgrade. If you choose to remain with an earlier version, then you could use our API to obtain the blacklisted IP addresses instead. This is documented at:

WHM API 1 - get_cphulk_brutes

Here's an existing tutorial on using it:

Thank you.

19. disappointed

Well I found out one more disappointment, the next largest update will not include the CPHulk to iptables that is for RH6 only

Red hand and cpanel for my server will reach EOL this year for a new server at SoftLayer. I will be changing data centers over this issue as well. I will have to spend the extra money for another box then migrate every thing to a new RH6 box.

I could have been on RH6 if I had known to ask it was not in the quote nor was the option made known till after I reloaded the server. With the updated MySQL and PHP 5.XX

this only issue I am having new are some now changes that my Iptables recipe dose not play nice with the newer version of CP and and RH5. I will be posting my issue for a possible fix to the issue