The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem login default through WHMCS in cpanel

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by eile87, Sep 8, 2015.

1. eile87

eile87 Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi,

i'm writting here about a problem with new whcms version 6.0.X, WHMCS v6.0 the software uses the cPanel API to facilitate logging in to cPanel/WHM and also the new cPanel functionality from the WHMCS product details page.
    This relies upon the create_user_session function in the cPanel API: https://documentation.cpanel.net/display/SDK/WHM+API+1+Functions+-+create_user_session
    WHMCS will use the url that is returned by the cPanel API on your server to login to cPanel/WHM.

Actually on my servers i have a self signed certificate but is set as default service's port as cpanel --> :2082 , webmail -->:2095 instead :2083 and :2096 , in this way, when a client click login cpanel into his whmcs clientarea, link report connection to cpanel using :2083 port and this kind of action isn't good for me, i need that the only one connection to cpanel using format domain.com/cpanel is using :2082 port.

Whmcs doesn't give me a solution, but only this suggesiont that i report here:

"It may be possible to change the url returned by the cPanel API, but it would be necessary to contact cPanel support directly to see whether that's something that can be changed at their end.

Alternatively, please ensure your hostname resolves correctly and install a cheap certificate for use as a service SSL: https://documentation.cpanel.net/display/ALD/Manage+Service+SSL+Certificates"

I don't know how to solve this problem, is there someone that can suggest me a right way to solve it?

Thank you.
    Regards

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    So the problem is:
    You don't want it to use a secure port, you want it to use an insecure port. And only for one user. Is that it?

Why?

3. eile87

eile87 Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    i have a ssl signed certificate installed on server, so if a client login into their services as cpanel, webmail through secure port :2083, :2096 he receives an alert from browser that advise him about not security connection, because certificate ssl is autosigned.

So i have put connection port for their services on :2082 and :2095 to avoid it, but in this new whmcs release isn't possibile login to cpanel on insecure port.

Obv necessity to login through whmcs --> cpanel on :2082 port is for all users and not only for one of them.

4. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter: