The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem login into WHM

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by legrah, Jun 5, 2012.

1. legrah

legrah Member

I am unabel to login to my WHM, when I try to I get the message "Error 118 (net::ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT): The operation timed out."

or I get "401 you do not have access to this page"

This issues started when I was setting up security on my server, I was setting cpHulk and did the usual whitelisting of my IP address, and allowed my IP access to ALL services. I then went to SSH and disabled Password authentication and was about to setup public/private keys, unfortunately as that moment I lost connection to WHM and I was unable to reconnect.

I'm also unable to connet with SSH, I get message "Server unexpectedly closed network connection"

I have logged in via server console and ran the command stopcphulkd, however I still cannot access WHM and I dont know where to go to next. I just spent two days migrating all my sites from another hosts so I really I dont want to rebuild the OS if there is another way

suggestions please!

#1 legrah, Jun 5, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2012
  2. morissette

morissette Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    How about through cpanel proxy? whm.domain.tld

3. Duhg

Duhg Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I have root access and messed up my access to my whole site. However, I have support available to go in and undo my mess up, as I tried to do the same and white list my ip with one of the security options. Not the brute force attack link, but a different one. My hosting support is working on it at the moment. So, try the support from where your server is.

4. legrah

legrah Member

No that does not work I get "HTTP error 401 - You do not have permission to access this page."

5. legrah

legrah Member

they area also locked out, they have made a couple of suggestion but neither have worked,

6. legrah

legrah Member

resolved by editing /etc/hosts.allow