CentOS 7 - 3.10.0-1127.8.2.el7.x86_64
cPanel & WHM Version

olGerva

Nov 20, 2017
Italy
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Good evening.
After upgrading WHM from version 92.x to version 94.x, the mails remain pending and eventually I get timeout message.
I have noticed that once I do a restart green all pending mails arrive immediately.
I don't understand what happened. Everything was working fine and only after this update I encounter the problem.
Suggestions.

schoeps

Sep 22, 2004
Hey there! I haven't seen any mail issues today related to the new update. Can you let us know what the pending message is so we can get some more detail?
Error from Outlook is "Operation timed out waiting for a response from the SMTP"

schoeps

Sep 22, 2004
Looks like it's sending the messages but not confirming with Outlook

olGerva

Nov 20, 2017
Italy
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
This morning everything seems to work !!!

We noticed that the CSF v14.08 firewall, yesterday, considered some mails as a Brute Force and only after a server restart it released all mails.

Yesterday the sending with Thunderbird, in addition to taking a long time, sometimes went into time out and others reported the error "Cannot connect to SMTP server x.x.x.x (x.x.x.x:587), connect error 10060.

Another detail is that not on all domains this problem occurred.

Honestly I don't know how to be more precise now ... I'll see during the day what happens and how it behaves, for more details in case.

Thanks for the quick interest.
Have a great day.

schoeps

Sep 22, 2004
An "Upgrade to Latest Version" appears to fix this issue, although I did not see the version hop up. Happy it's working, back to work!

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
This doesn't seem like an issue related to an update, especially if it's coming and going like @schoeps is seeing. There was a DKIM adjustment made a few days ago, but that wouldn't been related to any outbound messages. It really does sound like these two issues, while happening at the same time, are not related, as I don't have any other reports of outbound mail hanging up on the system.

@olGerva - I'm glad you were able to find that CSF issue and hopefully that resolves things at this point.