The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problem, migration site with SSH!

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by moh90, Apr 15, 2014.

1. moh90

moh90 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

I was trying to migration site with backup, and this is the steps I was did:

- generate backup from old server - Cpanel.
    - move this backup to /www directory.
    - give it chmod 777.
    - use this command from SSH in "new server" - "wget -U firefox -r -np http://www.xxx.com/backup-user.tar.gz"
    - downloaded backup into new server and move it to /home.
    - trying restore backup from WHM use user of backup but its shown "No Restorable archives found!".
    - now I have problem to restore this backup, the command "ls -la" shown "mysite.com" in new server SSH and the backup file into it!!

How I can migrate this account now, I guess this new backup version cant understanding it, please help me I am noob! :(

2. SS-Maddy

SS-Maddy Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Are you sure the backup downloaded and moved to /home of new server is a full backup ? just use tar command to check whether there is any error or so. Exact command would be tar tzf /home/backup-user.tar.gz If there is an error, you may need to redo the download part at the very least

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Note that adjusting the archive permissions to 0777 is not necessary. It's also not a good idea to make the archive available publicly by moving it to the public_html (www) directory, as that would allow anyone to download the backup archive and obtain the data associated with the account.

That being said, restoring the archive should be possible via:

Code:
    /scripts/restorepkg /path/to/archive.tar.gz
    Thank you.