The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem moving my database to a new server

Discussion in 'Database Discussions' started by Bruno Díaz, Jul 4, 2014.

1. Bruno Díaz

Bruno Díaz Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hello

I had a Wordpress website wit the domain "domain.com" in a hosting (let's call it A), and now i have a new hosting (B) and i want to move the site in the old hosting(A) to the new one (B) and with a new domain: "domaintoo.com".

I did the following:

-I copied all the files from the folder "public_html" of the old hosting (A) to the new hosting(B).

-I went to the phpmyadmin of hosting A (the old one) and exported the database compressed in bzip.

-I created a new database in hosting B (the new one)and a user with full priviledges on it.

-Now i go to the phpmyadmin in hosting B (the new one) and go to "import", then i choose the bzip file that contains the database downloaded from hosting A (the database from the old site).

-When i do the last, i get this message:

consulta SQL:

--
    -- Base de datos: `bioskin_cart`
    --
    CREATE DATABASE `bioskin_cart` DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci;
    MySQL ha dicho: Documentación

#1044 - Access denied for user 'linkschi'@'localhost' to database 'bioskin_cart'

It's impossible for me to create a databe and username with the same names from hosting A inhosting B, because both hosting services use a prefix for the name that i can't change.

What can i do?

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Have you considered having your hosting provider transfer the account for you using the transfer utility in Web Host Manager? This will copy all data over automatically, and they can then modify the account to the new domain name.

Thank you.