The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problem removing addon domain

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tutda, Mar 24, 2009.

1. tutda

tutda Registered

hi all i wanted to use prestashop but as per their tutorial i need to add url and i did not know how and ended up adding a new domain which i think is wrong cos i still can't access the admin login page.

1st problem - how to i remove the wrong addon domain which i previously added becos i rcv the below image

ERROR: Sorry, the subdomain tutda cannot be removed because it is linked to the addon domain tutda.com.sg.presta. You must first remove the addon domain

2nd- what is the correct way to add url so that i can access to prestashop login page.

pls pls helpp...

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    I don't see that requirement on their Install instructions page anywhere:

prestashop.com/wiki/Installing_And_Updating_PrestaShop_Software/#Install_PrestaShop

Sounds like you created an addon domain and then created a subdomain off of it?

All the instructions say from what I see is to create a directory and upload the files to it.

You might want to contact your host for assistance.

3. tutda

tutda Registered

add url help

hi there, i had manage to remove the addon domain.

the problem is i have no idea how to create a directory as this is the first time i am creating a website.

is there anywhere i can get help?

QUOTE FROM INSTRUCTIONS

You will have to add the directory name to the URL of your domain in order to login to the back-end of PrestaShop. You can use again the File Manager tool in your cPanel to do that. Note that these steps are a security requirement and you won't be able to login in the admin area unless you complete it.

4. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Yes. Your host. Support should be a part of your account.

Ah, I see. Poorly worded I think.

Login to your cPanel, click File Manager, when it opens, on the left side of page you see many folders and files. Click the word, public_html.

On the right side of page you should now see all files in your public_html directory.

On top of File Manager, click the icon "New Folder" type in a name (shop for example) then click Create New Folder button.

Now on the left menu again look for the word shop, and click it.

On your right you should now see the inside of the shop directory. It's empty of course, you just created it.

Open notepad, type in Hello World and save. Give it the name index.html

Upload file via the File Manager to the shop directory. While still in the shop directory in cPanel's File Manager, click the icon at top, Upload. Point it to that file on your desktop you created and upload.

Now open a new browser window and go to yoursite.com/shop/ and have a look for a message that says Hello World.

That should get you going. These forums are not for this sort of support though, this is left up to your host.

Good luck with your new site.

5. tutda

tutda Registered

oh hi there sorry i already manage to create and log in to my admin hehe..
    thanks alot for your help.

oh by the way is there anywhere that i can learn to change the outlook of my shop. as i have no idea on html or css or anything about create website so am not sure how should i go about doing it.

thanks again