The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problem resolving MAIN account but not others! Please assist..

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kappler0, Sep 4, 2006.

1. kappler0

kappler0 Member

Hello,

Well I have struggled with this for a week now - first i set up my own nameservers with cpanel and got it to work - I thought at least... I am having problems with the main account resolving! However, any of the other domain accounts do not have this problem... I have no idea what to do - any help is appreciated....

I created ns1.kei-telecom.com and ns2.kei-telecom.com for the nameservers... Each is pointed to its own ip.

:( This is a dns lookup from dnsstuff.com for one of the MAIN account (kei-telecom.com) (it is failing?):

How I am searching:
    Searching for kei-telecom.com A record at f.root-servers.net [192.5.5.241]: Got referral to H.GTLD-SERVERS.NET. (zone: com.) [took 56 ms]
    Searching for kei-telecom.com A record at H.GTLD-SERVERS.NET. [192.54.112.30]: Got referral to ns1.kei-telecom.com. (zone: kei-telecom.com.) [took 117 ms]
    Searching for kei-telecom.com A record at ns1.kei-telecom.com. [66.118.149.44]: Server failure! [took 47 ms].

Answer:
    Server failure. There's a problem with the DNS server for kei-telecom.com.

:( This is a dns lookup from dnsstuff.com for one of the other domain/accounts: (mybuildersupply.com) (as you can see it appears to be ok)

How I am searching:
    Searching for mybuildersupply.com A record at h.root-servers.net [128.63.2.53]: Got referral to e.gtld-servers.net. (zone: com.) [took 9 ms]
    Searching for mybuildersupply.com A record at e.gtld-servers.net. [192.12.94.30]: Got referral to ns1.kei-telecom.com. (zone: mybuildersupply.com.) [took 77 ms]
    Searching for mybuildersupply.com A record at ns1.kei-telecom.com. [66.118.149.44]: Reports mybuildersupply.com. [took 47 ms]

Answer:

Domain Type Class TTL Answer
    mybuildersupply.com. A IN 14400 66.118.149.44
    mybuildersupply.com. NS IN 86400 ns1.kei-telecom.com.mybuildersupply.com.
    mybuildersupply.com. NS IN 86400 ns2.kei-telecom.com.mybuildersupply.com.

If anyone has any idea what i can do please let me know... i appreciate it.

Scott

2. darkkouta

darkkouta Well-Known Member

your NS is

ns1.kei-telecom.com

or

mybuildersupply.com. NS IN 86400 ns1.kei-telecom.com.mybuildersupply.com. ?

Edit your dns zone in whm Main >> DNS Functions >> Edit DNS Zone

3. kappler0

kappler0 Member

it is ns1.kei-telecom.com

i have edited the zone.... all appears correct... thats the prob.

frustrating

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: