The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problem restoring mysql backup.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by temion, Oct 16, 2004.

1. temion

temion Registered

hello everyone.

I recently just moved from one server to another, both with Cpanel X. I was able to restore my home directory pretty well, but for one reason or another, none of my mysql databases seem to want to update. They are pretty important to say the least since my website is a public forum.

I do know a few key differences which may or may not effect this, but i'll tell you just so you know know more so you can better help me (if possible).

The password from my original server has changed.
    The username from my original server has changed.

So my old server it looked for "blue_" for my main forum and used a password, lets just say its 123xyz

The new server is setting my databses to "temion_" and uses a different password, lets say its abc789.

Now would this effect my restoration process? If so how can i mend this so they files will restore properly? Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. :)

2. dalem

dalem Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    it should not make any difference you will have to edit your conig file to conect to the database

upload you database via php myadmin

and change your database name
    username
    password
    in your config files

temion_dbname
    temion_dbuser
    abc789