Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

problem sending e-mail to VTEXT.COM (verizon wireless)

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by Drake, Jun 21, 2007.

1. Drake

Drake Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hello,
    Have been unable (rencent couple of months) to send e-mail / text messages to a verizon cell phone. (vtext.com)

Vtext.com bounces it back as follows: see log snippit below:

2007-06-21 16:10:38 1I1SzD-00067i-ST ** XXXXXXXXXX@vtext.com R=lookuphost T=remote_smtp: SMTP error from remote mail server after end of data: host smtpsp.vtext.com [66.174.76.30]: 550 SMTP connection refused

(I just used XXXXXXXXX in place of an actual cell phone # for this posting)

This happens only with vtext.com (verizon wireless) from all of our hosted domains' e-mail accounts. No problem sending to a nextel cell phone.

The problem is NOT that our ip's are blacklisted by vtext.com, because if I log onto the server, I can successfully send e-mail to a XXXXXXXXXX@vtext.com by echoing some text & piping it into the "mail" command such as # echo "tester" | mail -s test xxxxxxxxxx@vtext.com That is accepted by vtext.com and delivered to the cell phone.

Are we looking at an exim configuration / modification here to keep up with Verizon wireless's ever-tightening security???

Thanks..

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 Drake, Jun 21, 2007
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2007
  2. Drake

Drake Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    A Followup

We added SPF records to the applicable DNS zone files and that seems to have fixed the problem with vtext.com rejecting text messages.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...