The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problem serving php pages

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tazzman, Jul 8, 2002.

1. Tazzman

Tazzman Member

Hi,

I just had CPanel installed on my server and now php coded pages aren't showing anymore. When somebody want to view a php coded page all they get is a prompt asking them whether they want to download it. I had a look and all the php packages seem to be installed. Anybody have any idea what could be causing this?

Also, could I upgrade php via SSH without breaking CPanel (I used to use Ensim and upgrading using a standard rpm is a big nono with Ensim).

To see what I mean with my problem you can visit one of the php based pages on my server by going to www.animreview.com and clicking on the enter button.

Thanks for your time.

And another little question. Can subdomains be created in WHM in the form of subdomain.domain.com so that the subdomain's webmaster has access to Cpanel rather than creating them under Cpanel where the subdomain would have Cpanel access? I have been trying but it doesn't seem to work. The subdomain never resolves. I must note that the main URL the subdomain is under (the domain.com) is hosted on another server but all nameservers are listed for this main domain and have been so for months. It always used to work under Ensim, just want to know if the same is possible under WHM/CPanel...

2. SoftmegUK

SoftmegUK Well-Known Member

[quote:0957cc1d5e]And another little question. Can subdomains be created in WHM in the form of subdomain.domain.com so that the subdomain's webmaster has access to Cpanel rather than creating them under Cpanel where the subdomain would have Cpanel access? I have been trying but it doesn't seem to work. The subdomain never resolves. I must note that the main URL the subdomain is under (the domain.com) is hosted on another server but all nameservers are listed for this main domain and have been so for months. It always used to work under Ensim, just want to know if the same is possible under WHM/CPanel...
    [/quote:0957cc1d5e]

I have done this on my server, what you have to do is remove any * entries in the DNS you wish to make a subdomain cpanel account for, then just go about making the account as normal. Email me if you would like any more help.