The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem setting up mail client

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by BowerBoy, Nov 30, 2009.

1. BowerBoy

BowerBoy Registered

Our web host has allowed me to set up email accounts on our cPanel Accelerated. Setting up new accounts is easy and straightforward and everything appears to work fine in webmail but I hit a snag in configuring a mail client in Outlook Express 6. It seems that I can send emails from that account in Outlook Express but when sending to that account it bounces back and I get this error:

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at yahoo.com.
    I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses.
    This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

<briangalt@fuelxtend.com>:
    72.3.253.107 does not like recipient.
    Remote host said: 550 sorry, no mailbox here by that name. (#5.7.17)
    Giving up on 72.3.253.107.

I apologize up front for being a dolt. Is there something obvious wrong? I would be happy to provide any other settings neccessary.

2. JawadArshad

JawadArshad Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    You may check whether your MX records are pointing to the server where you have created the email account i.e. this server (your current MX points to this IP) '72.3.253.107' is the same server where you are creating the email account.
    You can ask your host and they should be able to guide you through this quite easily.