The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem Solver Needed

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jackal, Aug 7, 2003.

1. jackal

jackal Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

Frontpage 2002 Extensions.
    We have frontpage version 5.0.2.2634 installed on the servers.

When we from whm install extensions on a domain on the server we get this message.

Frontpage 4 installer called when we really want 5 ..
    Attempting to pass request to frontpage 5 installer....
    Frontpage 5 installer loaded ok..
    Scanning httpd.conf.Done
    Removing .htaccess files

The client states this below::

I use FrontPage 2002, and when publishing to my webiste.com account, I get an error message that the FP Server Extensions installed on my site (installed via the CP) do not support the navigation features, link bars, of FP.

What version of FP Server Extensions are used on my ?

When uploading with regular FTP, smartFTP, the navigation link bars (web commonent) on the pages work, but of course the regular hyperlinks point back to my PC's harddrive (FTP doesn't translate the hyperlinks); when uploading via FP Publish, the nav link bars do not work (see above), but the regular hyperlinks work. Hyperlinks in a page are translated by FP Publish....which is why it is so useful.

Any ideas on this????

:confused:

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number: 20382

#1 jackal, Aug 7, 2003
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2003
  2. Faldran

Faldran Well-Known Member

Yeah, I would like to find a solution to this also..

So far the best one was to advise the client to change over to dreamweaver... he has not had a problem since!

I starting to think FrontPage is just a nightmare program that MS has made to drive us all crazy... ;)

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

3. jackal

jackal Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

Here is the exact dialog message:
    "The following pages in your web site contain link bars or navigation bars that use new formating options. They will not display properly because the server you are publishing to does not support these features."

...and then it lists all pages in the ozarkair subdomain that I am publishing.

Luckily this is just a subdomain (a subweb so to speak), and thus far has little in the way of hyperlinks in the pages. I can use smartFTP to upload and the nav bars work great.

http://ozarkair.burgessltd.com/

....at the top of each page is a navigation link bar that makes navigation within the website easy to maintain. Of course they are missing now since last uploading using FP

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number: 20382

#3 jackal, Aug 7, 2003
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2003