The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem to add SSL Wildcard

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Astral God, Nov 10, 2012.

1. Astral God

Astral God Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi.

Hi have a server with a main shared IP (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx) and server.example.com as hostname (and all services like whm.example.com, cpanel.example.com, etc...)

I've created a cPanel account for example.com, and i can manage trough cPanel subdomains (like files.example.com, etc.). For this domain, i've bought a SSL Wildcard tha is working for all WHM services (Exim, FTP, cPanel, WHM...). I would like to set up this SSL Wildcard for ALL subdomains (*.example.com) but can't do this trough cPanel as this is the main shared IP (not dedicated) and the option is not even availbale.

How can i install this Wildcard SSL to an example.com subdomain (lets say files.example.com) on the shared IP ?
    Or, if i really need a dedicated IP, how to allow this dedicated IP to some sudomains only and no affect all WHM services (like cPanel) ?

Thanks for some help. :)

2. tank

tank Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Good question, I am interested in this as well. What is the best way, documentation seems to be lacking in the proper way to do this. I have always used a self signed SSL.

3. iakela

iakela Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi,

I would suggest a some trick: change main IP (if there is exist another IP on the server, if no then it's a pity), then install SSL Wildcard on your domain with dedicated IP and then change back the main IP address.

Hope this will help :)