The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem when I make reseller accounts

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by productive, Jun 12, 2005.

1. productive

productive Member

Hello everyone,

I have a problem when I make a new Reseller accounts. Every time I make a reseller account and I try to make a regular account under thet Reseller account the packages that I have set in the cpanel root account are in every reseller account. for example; I have a package called basicplan in my root account. That same package ends up in all new reseller accounts when the try to make a regular account.

What Am I doing wrong here can some one please help me.

Thank You.. :)

2. webignition

webignition Well-Known Member

The simple answer is that this has to do with the privileges you set for the reseller in WHM > Reseller Center > Edit Privileges/Nameservers.

Try playing around with the settings until things behave as you would like - you'll learn plenty in the process.

3. productive

productive Member

Ok thank you :)

4. webignition

webignition Well-Known Member

Actually when I first created a reseller account I wanted the account to only be able to use the packages I defined, which is somewhat the opposite.

After playing around with the settings for a short while I figured out how to either let resellers create their own packages and do with them what they wish, or force resellers to use pre-defined packages only.

I find it good to be able to do both, as there can be 'affiliate' resellers, who effectively just sell on the packages I otherwise sell, or 'full' resellers who can do as they please. The affiliate option is often popular with people who either don't want the hassle of creating their own packages or with those who don't want to initally fork out for a relatively more expensive reseller account.

5. productive

productive Member

Thank You for good help I have figured it out and all is working good . By the way what is a good firewall that works good with cpanel if you know of any.

Thank You :)

6. MMarko

MMarko Well-Known Member

APF - http://www.rfxnetworks.com/