The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with account creation

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sparktino, Jul 16, 2013.

1. sparktino

sparktino Member

Hello,

I have changed the location where we wish for new users’ home directories to be created in WHM. Currently it is set to /mnt/data, which actually an NFS share exported from a remote server. My problem is that home directories for the accounts are getting created in this new location with wrong ownership.

drwx------ 2 root root 4096 Jul 16 10:09 abcd/

You can see that it is creating directories with root ownership. As a result no files or dirctories are getting created inside users home directory while an account creation.

Code:
    ==============================================================================
    safe_userchgid: chown: /mnt/data/abcd/etc: Permission denied at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/SafetyBits.pm line 87.
    	Cpanel::SafetyBits::__ANON__() called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/AccessIds/ReducedPrivileges.pm line 91
    	eval {...} called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/AccessIds/ReducedPrivileges.pm line 91
    	Cpanel::AccessIds::ReducedPrivileges::call_as_user('CODE(0x4eb5470)', 503, 12) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/SafetyBits.pm line 92
    	Cpanel::SafetyBits::safe_userchgid(503, 12, '/mnt/data/abcd/etc') called at /usr/local/cpanel/Whostmgr/Accounts/Create.pm line 893
    	Whostmgr::Accounts::Create::_wwwacct('maxsub', 'n', 'pass', 12344, 'bwlimit', 0, 'cpmod', 'x3', ...) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Whostmgr/Accounts/Create.pm line 1970
    	Whostmgr::Accounts::Create::__createaccount('language', 'en', 'username', 'abcd', 'customip', '--Auto Assign--', 'password', 12344, ...) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Whostmgr/Accounts/Create.pm line 2021
    	Whostmgr::Accounts::Create::_createaccount('language', 'en', 'username', 'abcd', 'customip', '--Auto Assign--', 'password', 12344, ...) called at whostmgr/bin/whostmgr5 line 606
    	main::wwwacct() called at whostmgr/bin/whostmgr5 line 232

========================================================================================

How can I resolve this issue.

Regards
    Tino

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Is this a dedicated server or a VPS? The error message you pasted is typically indicative of a VPS that has met the "quotaugidlimit" threshold. Do you receive any error messages when manually creating a user? EX:

Code:
    useradd cptesting001
    Thank you.

3. sparktino

sparktino Member

Michael,

Thank you for your reply.

Yes it is a VPS and I didn't get any error when manually creating a user. Even I can create accounts when using a different location as home directory for accounts. But this error happens only when I use the NFS share which is mounted on /mnt/data as the location for creating home directory.

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Feel free to open a support ticket so we can rule out any issue with the cPanel/WHM software itself, however it looks like this may be isolated to your NFS mount. We don't officially support the use of NFS mounts (aside from backup purposes).

Thank you.