The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with account modification

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by kubaq87, May 17, 2015.

1. kubaq87

kubaq87 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I hope I've chosen correct board to ask my question. My problem is:

1. My /home directory was 100% full, and sites went down.
    2. I purchased second HDD, and mounted as /home2 (unfortunately I do not have LVM).
    3. I used Account rearragement to move account from /home/account_name, to /home2/account_name
    4. Physically it worked well, account is on /home2, but cPanel still says it is in /home, therefore site is not working, as it is pointing to wrong directory :(

Field with directory is not editable....I thought I can move site back to home using terminal, and then try migration again, but now in /home there is not enough space to do this.

How can I fix this ? Is there an option (maybe in terminal) to make cPanel point to correct directory ?

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

It's important to note that there is no command line equivalent to the option to rearrange an account in WHM. Is data associated with the account still in the /home partition, or is it just a symbolic link? Some users prefer to backup the account, terminate it, and then restore it on the new partition.

Thank you.